http://bearhug.cjb.net           http://www.bearhugger.net
 

Listing of Comments

  Comments: 1
  Comment #1 written by Boy (id 1404) on 2017-04-25 16:36:07

It would be cool to see this updated every few months, as well as other stats.



[ Click here to add a comment to this news item ]


Top Faceoff Voters - Saturday April 22nd 2017   [ Back to top ]

I got a bit curious lately on who votes the most in the Contender section. So, I crunched up a few numbers and came up with some relevant stats.

The chart below shows the top 30 users that create the most faceoff votes. (A faceoff is when you pit one contender against another and determine who has the best bearhug)

RankIDNameAmount of Faceoff Votes% from All Votes% from Rank 1
14405Steve12513222.90%100.00%
25023OTKHeel9615517.59%76.84%
31458Epiphany5966810.92%47.68%
4640Magnus Orestes157592.88%12.59%
51404Boy138872.54%11.10%
64471Bloktut129422.37%10.34%
7197Canucrushme112452.06%8.99%
8714Jimbear106441.95%8.51%
91778Tdman103041.89%8.23%
1011863CallMeSir98401.80%7.86%
112903Stephen96901.77%7.74%
122226Jpwaboi73851.35%5.90%
132065Shift56411.03%4.51%
145304Flattenu55501.02%4.44%
153458Butchnelson44800.82%3.58%
16311JdawgOH40620.74%3.25%
171000Primal Chaos37850.69%3.02%
1810060Nick35740.65%2.86%
193367Nacotekk34920.64%2.79%
204744Tomezanima31030.57%2.48%
215153Bradc28570.52%2.28%
22947Crushed28410.52%2.27%
232200Aztightsqueezer28360.52%2.27%
24688Jobber in NYC28260.52%2.26%
251684IndyWarrior3127410.50%2.19%
264117Flscw27090.50%2.16%
272372Firebrand26530.49%2.12%
284223Fantasyfeak25210.46%2.01%
293849Sking5525030.46%2.00%
303445Caribkid22540.41%1.80%

These numbers are actually very interesting. Steve alone accounts for 23% of all votes, which is absolutely huge. This is followed by OTKHeel and Epiphany with 18% and 11% of all votes. Adding these top 3 together and you'll see that about 52% of all votes are generated by these 3 users. The rest of the people on the site account for 48% of the votes.

Yes, it looks unfair. I suppose if you have time you can also cast as many votes as you can, but time is not a luxury that everyone has.

Keep in mind that each user can only cast a single vote on a specific faceoff. The amount of faceoffs you can currently generate on the site is approximately ~640,000, so yes, if you really REALLY really have a LOT of time, you can cast a vote for each of those 640,000 faceoffs combinations for the current amount of contenders. Each time I add a new contender, that number goes up by around 800 new combinations. That also means that even though Steve casted a vote on 125,000 different faceoffs, he has only voted on 20% from the total amount of 640,000 total different faceoffs. Still.. that's some determination.